Brian Cronson, M.D.
Dr Brian Cronson was born in the suburbs of Chicago, IL. From an early age he began travelling to the Tampa region for family vacations and fell in love with the area. Dr Cronson is extremely grateful for the opportunity to live and work in such a beautiful region.
Dr Cronson completed his undergraduate degree at the University of Georgia, and is a big fan of collegiate athletics. He returned home to Illinois to complete his medical training at the University of Illinois College of Medicine before moving on to residency training at Temple University Hospital in Philadelphia, PA. There he had exposure to advanced robotics and oncology training under the tutelage of several world experts.
Dr Cronson’s areas of interest include all facets of general urology, especially kidney stone disease. He has advanced training in the treatment of kidney and adrenal tumors, and maintains a close relationship with renowned doctors in the field. He utilizes the latest techniques in minimally invasive surgery (including laparoscopic robotic surgery) to treat both benign and malignant kidney disease, with the goal of obtaining excellent outcomes for his patients with the shortest possible recovery time.
Dr Cronson operates out of Bay Area Urology Surgery Center, Brandon Regional Hospital, St Joseph’s Hospital – South, South Bay Hospital, and South Florida Baptist Hospital, with local offices in Riverview, Sun City, and Plant City, FL.
Dr Cronson is board-certified in Urology, and is a member of The Southeastern Section of the American Urological Association, the Florida Medical Association and the Hillsborough County Medical Association.
Areas of Interest:
- Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy (BPH)
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Elevated PSA
- Prostate Cancer
- Kidney Cancer
- Adrenal Tumors
- Low Testosterone
- Recurrent Urinary Tract Infections
- Kidney Stones and other urinary tract stones
- Ureteral obstruction
- And more!
- Laparoscopic and robotic removal of kidneys, including partial nephrectomy and nephroureterectomy
- Robotic kidney reconstruction (pyeloplasty)
- Minimally invasive procedures for BPH
- Minimally invasive procedures for kidney and ureteral stone removal
- Percutaneous nephrolithotomy
- Ureteroscopy with laser lithotripsy
- Extracorporeal Shockwave Lithotripsy (ESWL)
- Laser endoscopic ablation/destruction of upper urinary tract tumors
- Endoscopic bladder tumor removal (TURBT)
- Bladder botox
- And more!