Malcolm Root M.D.
Dr. Malcolm Root
has been practicing urology in Tampa Florida since 1992. He is Board Certified by the American Board of Urology. After receiving his medical degree at the Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, he completed his urology training at the University of South Florida.
He was the Founding President of Florida Urology Partners. He has published articles in several journals, and presented papers at both local and national meetings. He previously served as Clinical Assistant Professor at the University of South Florida and has served as Chief of Urology at Tampa General Hospital. He is actively involved with the Hillsborough County Medical Association, having been on the executive committee and as Vice President. He has interests in all aspects of general Urology.
- Kidney Stone Disease – prompt evaluation, variety of treatment options individualized to your specific needs
- Minimally Invasive Surgery for the treatment of enlarged prostate, prostate cancer and kidney cancer.
- Non-Surgical Treatment of enlarged prostate; an advanced BPH treatment that does not require surgery
- MRI guided targeted fusion biopsies of the prostate to increase accuracy in the diagnosis of prostate cancer
- Diplomate, America Board of Urology
- Member of American Urological Association
- Medical School: The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine; 1985
- Residency in Urology: University of South Florida College of Medicine; 1992