Malcolm Root M.D.
Dr. Malcolm Root has been practicing urology in Tampa, Florida since 1992. He is Board Certified by the American Board of Urology. After receiving his medical degree at the Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, he completed his urology training at the University of South Florida.
He has published articles in several journals, and presented papers at both local and national meetings. He is currently a clinical assistant professor at the University of South Florida, and has a clinical appointment to the Moffitt Cancer Center. He has served as chief of urology at Tampa General Hospital, and is currently on the board of directors of the Bay Area Renal Stone Center. He is also on the executive committee of the Hillsborough County Medical Association. He has interests in all aspects of general urology.
- Kidney Stone Disease – prompt evaluation, variety of treatment options individualized to your specific needs
- Minimally Invasive Surgery for the treatment of enlarged prostate, prostate cancer,
and kidney cancer
- Non-Surgical Treatment of enlarged prostate; an advanced BPH treatment that
does not require surgery
- Benign Prostatic Enlargement (BPH)
- Bladder Cancer
- Kidney Stones
- Ureteral Stones
- Female Incontinence
- Neurogenic Bladder
- Endoscopic Resection of the Bladder Tumor
- Endoscopic Surgical Therapy (TURP, TUIP)
- Endoscopic treatment with Ureteroscopy and Laser
- Diplomate, America Board of Urology
- Member of American Urological Association
- Medical School: The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine; 1985
- Residency in Urology: University of South Florida College of Medicine; 1992